- "Greetings, X-Men. I am Sebastian Shaw. I advise you to surrender... or you will be hurt."
- ―Sebastian Shaw
|"And Hellfire Is Their Name!"|
|Title:||"And Hellfire Is Their Name!"|
|Storyline:||"The Dark Phoenix Saga"|
|Cover date:||April, 1980|
|Writers:||Chris Claremont; John Byrne|
|Cover artists:||John Byrne|
|Cover inker:||Terry Austin|
|Assistant editors:||Bob Budiansky|
|Previous:||Uncanny X-Men #131|
|Next:||Uncanny X-Men #133|
"And Hellfire Is Their Name!" is the 132nd issue of the first Uncanny X-Men ongoing comic book series. The issue was written by Chris Claremont with pencil work by John Byrne and inks by Terry Austin. Byrne and Austin also composed the cover illustration artwork. Coloring was provided by Glynis Wein and lettering was by Tom Orzechowski. The issue was edited by Bob Budiansky and Jim Salicrup. It shipped with an April, 1980 cover date. This issue is part of "The Dark Phoenix Saga" storyline.
- Dazzler (In flashback only)
- Kitty Pryde (In flashback only)
- Tessa (1st appearance)
- Emma Frost (In flashback only)
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This issue is the fourth chapter in the "The Dark Phoenix Saga" storyline.
- This is the first appearance of Tessa, who is Sebastian Shaw's aide seen dressed in black S&M couture. Future issues will reveal that Tessa is actually a spy for Charles Xavier. She will eventually become known as Sage and join the X-Treme X-Men.
- This issue is the first full appearance of Harry Leland and Donald Pierce. They made a brief cameo appearance in Uncanny X-Men #131.
- This is the fourth appearance of Sebastian Shaw. He appeared last in Uncanny X-Men #131. He appears next in Uncanny X-Men #133.
- Candy Southern appeared last in Incredible Hulk, Volume 1 Annual #7. She appears next in Marvel Two-In-One #68.
- Warren Worthington, III does not appear in costume in this issue.
- Only the interior of the X-Men skycraft is shown in this issue.
- Behind-the-scenes appearance of the Mindtap device, which is what Mastermind uses to manipulate Jean Grey (in addition to his own mutant powers).
Hellfire Club titles Edit
The ranks of the Hellfire Club members are as follows:
- Sebastian Shaw: To the Hellfire Club — and our Black Queen — long may she reign.
- Wolverine: Ok, suckers — youve taken yer best shot! Now it's my turn!
This issue is reprinted in the following volumes:
- 40 Years of X-Men
- Classic X-Men #38
- Essential X-Men, Volume 2
- Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men, Volume 5
- X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga (TPB)
- X-Men: Legends (TPB)
Recommended Reading Edit
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- Uncanny X-Men #132 at MDP
- Uncanny X-Men #132 at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men #132 at Uncanny X-Men.net