|"Today is the Day (Part 2)"|
| Series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles|
Season 2, Episode 19
|Air date||March 20th, 2009|
|Writers||Ashley Edward Miller; Zack Stentz|
|Director||Guy Norman Bee|
|Producers||Ashley Edward Miller; Zack Stentz; John Enbom; Natalie Chaidez; Toni Graphia; Mario F. Kassar; Andrew G. Vajna; Joel B. Michaels; Jill Danton; James Middleton; John Wirth; Josh Friedman; Jessie W. Dugan; Hilton H. Smith|
|Starring||Lena Headey; Thomas Dekker; Summer Glau; Brian Austin Green; Garret Dillahunt; Shirley Manson; Leven Rambin; Richard T. Jones|
"Today is the Day (Part 1)"
"To the Lighthouse"
"Today is the Day (Part 2)" is the nineteenth episode of season two of the science fiction television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It is the twenty-eighth episode of the series overall. The episode was directed by Guy Norman Bee with a teleplay written by Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz. It first aired on the FOX Network on Monday, March 20th, 2009 at 8:00 pm.
Principal Cast Edit
|Lena Headey||Sarah Connor|
|Thomas Dekker||John Connor|
|Summer Glau||Cameron Phillips|
|Brian Austin Green||Derek Reese|
|Garret Dillahunt||John Henry|
|Shirley Manson||Catherine Weaver|
|Leven Rambin||Riley Dawson|
|Richard T. Jones||James Ellison|
Guest Stars Edit
|Theo Rossi||Lieutenant Dietze|
|Chad L. Coleman||Queeg|
|Stephanie Jacobsen||Jesse Flores|
|Yuri Lowenthal||Christopher Garvin|
|Bill Tangradi||Pool attendant|
Based on characters created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was developed for television by Josh Friedman. Based on characters created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd.
- This episode is rated TV-14.
- This episode is production code number 3T7321 (end-title credit sequence).
- This episode is included on disc five of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete Second Season DVD collection. The DVD special features includes a "terminated" scene.
- Flashforward scenes in this episode take place in the year 2027.
- This is the second and final episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles directed by Guy Norman Bee. He directs two episodes of the series in total. He previously directed "Today is the Day (Part 1)".
- This is the sixth and final episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles co-written by Ashley Edward Miller. He works on six episodes of the series in total as a writer. He previously co-wrote "Today is the Day (Part 1)".
- This is the fifth episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles co-written by Zack Stentz. He works on six episodes of the series in total as a writer. He previously co-wrote "Today is the Day (Part 1)".
- John Connor: You know, I've been running from the machines my whole life. They tried to kill my mom before I was even born. When I was twelve, they sent one after me. I was a kid. I was stupid. I didn't know what it was all about. Both times, heh, future me sent someone back to stop them. The first time, it was a soldier. His name was Kyle Reese. And he died saving my mother's life. Second time it was a machine. I used to wonder why I did that. Why I took that chance. I don't wonder any more. Human beings can't be replaced. They can't be re-built. They die and they never come back. You know, it wasn't Derek that told me, if that's what you're wondering. He loves you, you know, Derek. You and me...we're the only things he has in this world. The only things. He's like Riley in that way. But, see, she made mistakes. Small things, sometimes. A word, or a phrase. "Carrots and apples". I'm guessing that's yours. When we were in Mexico, she heard my real name. She ignored it. A man took my picture and she destroyed his camera. She put herself between me and a machine that was hunting me. So, one day I realized she wasn't treating me like John Baum. She was treating me like John Connor.
- Derek Reese: I'm really sorry, John. She was a good kid. She didn't deserve what happened to her.
- John Connor: Few people do. How long do you think you could survive...with Cameron? If she wanted to kill you, face to face.
- Derek Reese: What kind of weapon do I have?
- John Connor: Your fists, and your elbows, and your fingernails, and your teeth.
- Derek Reese: Against her? Those aren't weapons.
- John Connor: No, they're not.
- Derek Reese: You already know the answer to that, John. If she wants me dead, I'm dead.
- Sarah Connor: You went to see the body. You shouldn't have done that.
- John Connor: It was a risk, I know.
- Sarah Connor: I don't mean the risk. You shouldn't have to remember her like that.
- John Connor: There were things I needed to see. Things I had to understand.
- Sarah Connor: You understand them now?
- John Connor: I think so. I'm sorry I doubted you.
- Sarah Connor: John...
- John Connor: No, not you. Her.
- John Henry: The eyes for example, the window to the soul. They're the window to the soul, I read that.
- James Ellison: That's what they say.
- John Henry: Then I should choose my paint more carefully.
- James Ellison: It doesn't matter John Henry. It's a statue. It's an object. It doesn't have a soul.
- John Henry: It has eyes. Your eyes look tired. Is your soul tired?
- James Ellison: No my soul isn't tired, but I am.
- Sarah Connor: You're not leaving this house.
- Cameron Phillips: John needs me.
- Sarah Connor: If John needed you, he would have asked for you. He didn't. You're not leaving this house.
- Cameron Phillips: The police could identify Riley's body at any time. I need to be with him if they do.
- Sarah Connor: If they do, they'll probably come here. (Sarah notices Cameron's left hand slightly twitch) So we should be happy he's out. Why are you here?
- Cameron Phillips: Protect John. Hunt Skynet. Stop Judgment Day.
- Sarah Connor: But why are you here? Right now, with us. John sent you here from the future. But, he sent you away. Away from him. Maybe you should think about that. Maybe you should think about why he didn't want you around any more.
- John Henry: Mister Ellison is our friend.
- Catherine Weaver: Yes, he is our friend.
- John Henry: Are you going to kill him?
- Catherine Weaver: Mister Ellison has proven himself to be a capable and loyal employee, but he's still a human being.
- John Henry: Human life is sacred.
- Catherine Weaver: We have to be prepared for any contingency.
- John Henry: What contingency would that be?
- Catherine Weaver: Humans will disappoint you.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article pertains to an episode from season two of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles/Season 2 episodes category.