A shuttlecraft is a spacecraft designed for interstellar flight. Primarily used as an auxiliary vessel and a means of transporting personnel, shuttlecraft are commonly housed within a larger space-faring vehicle or on a space station. The size and cargo capacity of a shuttlecraft may differ depending upon its function.
- In Farscape, the IASA developed the Farscape-1 space module, which was similar in design to most NASA space shuttles, but was smaller and only accomodated a single pilot.
- In Firefly, professional companion Inara Serra lived inside of her personal shuttlecraft which was docked on the Serenity freighter ship.
- In Star Wars continuity, the Galactic Empire makes use of Lamda-class shuttles. These are small shuttlecrafts and are the successors to the Theta-class shuttles which were in use during the time of the Clone Wars.
- In Star Trek most Galaxy-class starships maintained at least two to five shuttles in a separate shuttlebay.
- In V, the Visitors used shuttles to ferry officers and prisoners back and forth from Earth to their mother ship. Some of the shuttlecraft had strong shielding and assault capabilities.
Shuttlecraft of note Edit
- Copernicus shuttlecraft 3 (Star Trek)
- Galileo shuttlecraft 5 (Star Trek)
- Shuttle Tydirium (Star Wars)
- Shuttlecraft Picasso SB11-1201/1 (Star Trek)
- USCSS Narcissus (Aliens)