|1st appearance:||Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)|
Macrobinoculars were hand held electronic viewing devices used to enhance binocular vision. Also referred to as electrobinoculars, they possessed the ability to telescopically enhance items within the viewfinder and were capable of magnifying images several thousands times in relation to distance. Some models of macrobinoculars, such as the MB450 Macrobinoculars, were able to perceive images taking place in outer space. This sophisticated device displayed images with an overlay of computerized information detailing the object's distance, relative and true azimuths, and elevation.
On Tatooine in 0 BBY, Luke Skywalker possessed a pair of the MB450 Macrobinoculars. He used them to view the battle between the Imperial Star Destroyer Devastator and the Blockade Runner Tantive IV which was taking place outside the planetary atmosphere. That same day, Luke lent his macrobinoculars to friend Biggs Darklighter, so he too could witness the spectacle. The following day, Luke used them again to track down his runaway droid R2-D2. 
Three years later, on the planet Hoth, a Rebel soldier used a brand of macrobinoculars when he spied three AT-AT's approaching across a snowswept ridge. This was the beginning of what became known as the Battle of Hoth. 
- MB450 Macrobinoculars
- Developed by a corporation known as Lydree, these were the model of macrobinoculars that Luke Skywalker owned while living on Tatooine.
- Model 1000 Macrobinoculars
- Developed by the Ziko corporation, the Model 1000 Macrobinoculars were a standard model of handheld binoculars. The 1000s contained an internal readout which provided information on distance and land elevation. 
- Model 1020/A Macrobinoculars
- Also developed by Ziko, the 1020/A were based on the same designs as the Model 1000 Macrobinoculars. The 1020/As were equipped with a long-range audio pickup unit.
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars 12
- Star Wars 25
- Star Wars 32