|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Continuity:||Planet of the Apes|
|First:||Planet of the Apes: Escape from Tomorrow|
Jones was one of three ANSA astronauts that left Earth in August of 1980 to explore the region of space near Alpha Centauri. Exiting a time-distortion field, the ship returned to Earth in the year 3085 after Jonesy activated the Automatic Homing Device. The ship crashed in a woodland region known as Chalo, thirty miles south of Central City in the Western United States. Jonesy was killed instantly. The first to discover his body was an old man named Farrow. Unable to help Jones, he instead pulled the astronaut's two colleagues, Alan Virdon and Peter Burke free from the wreckage. Later, a Prefect from Chalo named Veska discovered Jones' body and ordered a gorilla soldier to bury the remains. Jones was survived by a wife and child (several centuries removed).
Notes & Trivia Edit
- According to the episode script "Jonesy" is an informal manipulation of the surname, Jones.
- Footage of "dead" Jones can be found in the 1975 Planet of the Apes trading card series, and the 1975 View-Master reel collection.
See also Edit
- Planet of the Apes
- Planet of the Apes characters
- Planet of the Apes cast & crew
- Planet of the Apes image category