|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
- "They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next...!"
- ―Miles J. Bennell
|Invasion of the Body Snatchers|
... there was nothing to hold onto - except each other.
|Title||Invasion of the Body Snatchers|
|Directed by||Don Siegel|
|Written by||Daniel Mainwaring; Jack Finney; Richard Collins|
|Produced by||Walter Wanger Productions|
|Music by||Carmen Dragon|
|Edited by||Robert S. Eisen|
|Distributed by||Allied Artists Pictures Corporation|
|Release date(s)||February 5th, 1956|
|Running time||80 min.|
Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1956 science fiction film directed by Don Siegel. It is based on the 1954 serial The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney which was originally published in Colliers Magazine. The film was remade in 1978 as Invasion of the Body Snatchers by Philip Kaufman and and again in 2007 under the simplified title Invasion. All variations of the story involve microscopic alien life forms that come to Earth and supplant human beings with perfect alien/human hybrid duplicates grown from plant-like pods (in Invasion however, the alien seeds are actually a viral contagion).
|Kevin McCarthy||Miles J. Bennell|
|Dana Wynter||Becky Driscoll|
|Larry Gates||Danny Kauffman|
|King Donovan||Jack Bellicec|
|Carolyn Jones||Theodora Bellicec|
|Jean Willes||Sally Withers|
|Ralph Dumke||Nick Grivett|
|Virginia Christine||Wilma Lentz|
|Tom Fadden||Ira Lentz|
|Kenneth Patterson||Stanley Driscoll|
|Guy Way||Sam Janzek|
|Eileen Stevens||Anne Grimaldi|
|Jean Andren||Eleda Lentz|
|Bobby Clark||Jimmy Grimaldi|
|Everett Glass||Ed Pursey|
|Dabbs Greer||Mac Lomax|
|Marie Selland||Martha Lomax|
|Richard Deacon||Harvey Bassett|
|Beatrice Maude||Grandma Driscoll|
|Pat O'Malley||Baggage man|
|Guy Rennie||Restaurant owner|
|Harry J. Vejar||Pod carrier in Miles' office|
|Whit Bissell||Doctor Hill|
|Robert Osterloh||Ambulance driver|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers has been made available on DVD in standard edition, region 2 and Silver Screen Classics edition.
- In 1994, Invasion of the Body Snatchers was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".
- Includes a cameo appearance by Sam Peckinpah. Peckinpah is better known as a writer/director of action films such as Straw Dogs, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers was released the same year as Earth vs. the Flying Saucers, Forbidden Planet, Godzilla, King of the Monsters (US version), Rodan and X the Unknown.
- Actress Eileen Stevens also played the role of a nurse in the 1958 film Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.
External Links Edit
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers at AMG
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers at TCM
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers at IMDB
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers at Wikipedia
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers at Rotten Tomatoes