|Godzilla: Final Wars|
|Title:||Godzilla: Final Wars|
|Directed by:||Ryûhei Kitamura|
|Written by:||Isao Kiriyama; Ryûhei Kitamura; Wataru Mimura; Shogo Tomiyama|
|Produced by:||Shogo Tomiyama|
|Music by:||Kîsu Emâson; Nobuhiko Morino; Daisuke Yano|
|Edited by:||Shûichi Kakesu|
|Distributed by:||Toho Company, Ltd.|
|Released:||December 4th, 2004|
|Running time:||125 min.|
|Previous:||Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003)|
Godzilla: Final Wars is a Japanese science fiction film of the daikaiju ("giant monster") subgenre. It is the twenty-eighth film in the Godzilla film series and the sixth and final film in the Millennium series. The movie was directed by Ryûhei Kitamura with a screenplay written by Kitamura and Isao Kiriyama based on a story treatment by Wataru Mimura and Shogo Tomiyama. It was produced and distributed by Toho Pictures and premiered in Hollywood, California on November 29th 2004, pre-dating its official Japanese release by a matter of days. It was released in Japan on December 4th 2004. This film was released to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of Godzilla, which made its first rumblings back in 1954 with the inaugural film, Gojira.
Note: The entire cast list is too extensive to list here in its entirety. The following is the top twelve billed cast members from the film.
|Masahiro Matsuoka||Shin'ichi Ôzaki|
|Rei Kikukawa||Miyuki Otonnashi|
|Don Frye||Douglas Gordon|
|Maki Mizuno||Anna Otonashi|
|Kazuki Kitamura||Controller of Planet X|
|Kane Kosugi||Katsunori Kazama|
|Kumi Mizuno||Akiko Namikawa|
|Akira Takarada||Naotarô Daigo|
|Kenji Sahara||Hachirô Jingûji|
|Masakatsu Funaki||Officer Kumasaka|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Godzilla: Final Wars (2004) redirects to this page.
- Principal filming on Godzilla: Final Wars began on July 23rd, 2003. It concluded on December 4th, 2003. Additional sequences were shot in New York on June 1st, 2004 and concluded on June 11th. 
- The movie was shot primarily in Tokyo, Japan, with other key locations taking place in Paris, France, Shanghai, China, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, Egypt, and New York City, New York. 
- The Godzilla: Final Wars: Music from the Motion Picture official soundtrack was produced by Victor Records and featured the film score work of Keith Emerson, Nobuhiko Morino, and Daisuke Yano. It was first released in Japan on December 22nd, 2004. A three-disc expansion set, produced as part of Godzilla's 50th Anniversary Godzilla Soundtrack Perfect Collection Box Set, which was released in 2010.
- The song played during Godizlla's battle with his American counterpart, Zilla, in New York City is "We're All to Blame" by Sum 41.
- Godzilla: Final Wars was released on DVD in Region 1 format by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on December 13th, 2005.  The movie was also packaged as a Blu-ray double feature with Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.. This was released on May 6th, 2014. 
See also Edit
The World of Godzilla
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Godzilla franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Godzilla Films category.