|"PK Tech Girl"|
| Series Farscape|
Season 1, Episode 5
|Air date||April 17th, 1999|
|Producers||Matt Carroll; Richard Clendinnen; Kris Noble; Rockne S. O'Bannon|
|Starring||Ben Browder; Claudia Black; Virginia Hey; Anthony Simcoe|
"Throne for a Loss"
"Thank God It's Friday, Again"
"PK Tech Girl" is the fifth episode of season one of the US/Australian science fiction television series Farscape. It was directed by Tony Tilse and written by Nan Hagan. It first aired on the Sci-Fi Channel in the United States on April 17th, 1999. In this episode, the crew of Moya discover a derelict Peacekeeper Command Carrier adrift in space in the Uncharted Territories. Rygel recognizes it as the Zelbinion, the battleship upon which he had been tortured by Captain Selto Durka more than 130 cycles ago. Hoping to salvage equipment from it, John Crichton and Aeryn Sun discover the ship's sole survivor - a Peacekeeper technician named Gilina Renaez. Aeryn recognizes her as being under Crais' command and worries that her former commanding officer might be hot on their heels.
Principal Cast Edit
|Ben Browder||John Crichton|
|Claudia Black||Officer Aeryn Sun|
|Virginia Hey||Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan|
|Anthony Simcoe||Ka D'Argo|
Guest Stars Edit
|Jonathan Hardy||Dominar Rygel XVI (voice)|
|Lani Tupu||Pilot (voice)|
|Alyssa-Jane Cook||Gilina Renaez|
|Peter Astridge||Lomus (voice)|
|David Wheeler||Captain Selto Durka|
|Phillip Hinton||Teurac (voice)|
Notes & Trivia Edit
This episode has been made available on disc two of the Farscape: The Complete First Season DVD collection and the Farscape: The Complete Season One DVD collection as well as the Farscape: The Complete Series DVD collection
- This is the first episode of Farscape directed by Tony Tilse. He next directs "Till the Blood Runs Clear".
- Production code number: 10107
- On the Farscape: The Complete Season One DVD, Crichton says "Shit" when he sees Lomus peering through the window of the maintenance bay. He then calls him a "gashole".
- John Crichton compares the fall of the Zelbinion to the sinking of the Titanic, which was a luxury liner that went down after striking an inceberg in 1912. The event was made into a blockbuster epic movie called Titanic in 1997 starring Leonardo DiCaprio whom is referenced in this episode.
- Multiple references are made to Bialar Crais in this episode, but he does not make an actual appearance. John Crichton tells Gilina Renaez about the incident that resulted in the death of Bialar's brother, Tauvo Crais, but insists it was an accident. John and Tauvo's ships collided with one another in the series' premiere.
See also Edit
The World of Farscape
External Links Edit