| Series Doctor Who|
Season 10/36, Episode 2
|Air date||April 22nd, 2017|
|Producers||Peter Bennett; Brian Minchin; Steven Moffat|
|Starring||Peter Capaldi; Pearl Mackie; Matt Lucas|
"Smile" is the second episode of season ten of the relaunch of the British cult classic sci-fi series Doctor Who. It is the 836th episode of the entire franchise. It was directed by Lawrence Gough with a script written by Frank Cottrell-Boyce. It first aired on BBC One in the United Kingdom and BBC America in the United States on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 at 9:00 pm.
|Peter Capaldi||The Doctor|
|Pearl Mackie||Bill Potts|
Guest Starring Edit
|Kiran L. Dadlani||Kezzia|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Doctor Who was created by Sydney Newman. This series was developed for television by Steven Moffat and Russell T. Davies.
- "DW: Smile" redirects to this page.
- This series is rated TV-PG.
- This episode was filmed at the City of Arts and Sciences, Valencia.
- This is the second episode of Doctor Who directed by Lawrence Gough. It is his second episode from season ten of the series. He previously directed "The Pilot".
- This is the second episode of Doctor Who written by Frank Cottrell-Boyce, and his first episode from season ten of the series. He previously wrote the season eight episode, "In the Forest of the Night".
- As per this episode, the Doctor is over 2,000-years-old.
- This is the first appearance of the Vardies, who are the micro-bot builders of this world, and the Emojibots, which are the humanoid caretakers.
- Bill Potts expresses some design ideas for the TARDIS in this episode, including moving the chairs closer to the central console, and adding a steering wheel.
- Actress Mina Anwar is actually a veteran of the Doctor Who franchise. She played Gita Chandra on the spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- The Doctor: You don't steer the TARDIS. You negotiate with it.
- The Doctor: There's a giant smiley abattoir over there, and I'm having this very childish impulse to blow it up. Be right back.
- Bill Potts: Why are you Scottish?
- The Doctor: I'm not Scottish, I'm just cross.
- Bill Potts: Is there a Scotland in space?
- The Doctor: They're all over the place, demanding independence from every planet they land on.
- The Doctor: They are expecting the new Garden of Eden. What they are not expecting is to be fertilizer.
- The Doctor: Between here and my office, before the kettle boils, is everything that ever happened or ever will.
See also Edit
The World of Doctor Who
Doctor Who miscellaneous
External Links Edit