- "We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly."
|Directed by:||James Cameron|
|Written by:||James Cameron; Walter Hill; David Giler|
|Produced by:||Gordon Carroll; David Giler; Walter Hill; Gale Anne Hurd|
|Music by:||James Horner|
|Edited by:||Ray Lovejoy|
|Distributed by:||Twentieth Century-Fox Productions|
|Released:||July 18th, 1986|
|Running time:||137 min. (Theatrical)|
154 min. (SE)
Aliens is a 1986 sci-fi/horror film directed by James Cameron and is the first sequel to the 1979 Ridley Scott film Alien. A Special Edition of Aliens was released in 1992 on laserdisc and VHS that restored seventeen minutes of deleted footage. Along with the other sequels, Aliens was packaged as part of the nine-disc Aliens Quadrilogy DVD collection. The plot of Aliens continues the saga of Ellen Ripley, sole survivor of the previous film who has now been thrust fifty-seven years into the future and must return to the planet where she first encountered the dangerous alien species. Accompanying her on this journey are an elite squad of soldiers known as the Colonial Marines. This time however, Ripley doesn't have just one alien menace to contend with, but hundreds.
|Sigourney Weaver||Ellen Ripley|
|Michael Biehn||Dwayne Hicks|
|Carrie Henn||Rebecca "Newt" Jordan|
|Paul Reiser||Carter Burke|
|Bill Paxton||W. Hudson|
|William Hope||S. Gorman|
|Jenette Goldstein||J. Vasquez|
|Al Matthews||A. Apone|
|Mark Rolston||M. Drake|
|Ricco Ross||R. Frost|
|Colette Hiller||C. Ferro|
|Daniel Kash||D. Spunkmeyer|
|Cynthia Scott||C. Dietrich|
|Tip Tipping||T. Crowe|
|Trevor Steedman||T. Wierzbowski|
|Paul Maxwell||Van Leuwen|
|Carl Troop||Alien warrior|
|Valerie Colgan||ECA representative|
|Alibe Parsons||Med tech|
|Barbara Coles||Cocooned woman|
|John Lees||Power loader operator|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The tagline for this film is, "This time... it's war".
- Production on Aliens began on October 5th, 1985. Pre-production concluded in London, England in December of that year. Filming commenced on September 30th, 1985 and concluded on February 28th, 1986. 
- With the exception of Hicks and Gorman, the first initials of the other members of the Colonial Marines are the same as the first initial of the respective actor's name.
- Aliens is one of the few films that received a 100% fresh tomato-rating at the Rotten Tomatoes film review site. 
- This is the first professional film work for cinematographer Adrian Biddle.
- In the "Epidemiology" episode of the TV sit-com Community, two of the main characters dressed up as characters from Aliens for their school's Halloween party. Abed Nadir dressed up as a Xenomorph and Troy Barnes created his own Loader costume - the same device that Ellen Ripley used to fight the alien Queen.
See also Edit
The World of Aliens
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Aliens franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Aliens Films category.